Acne Treatments in Melbourne, FL
If you suffer from acne, effective treatment is just a phone call away. At Dermatology + Plastic Surgery, led by dermatologist Anita Saluja, MD and double board-certified plastic surgeon Rebecca Novo, MD, residents of Melbourne, Viera, Brevard County, the beaches, and nearby communities in Central Florida can now enjoy state-of-the-art acne treatments to achieve clear, healthy skin.
What is Acne?
Acne is a condition that causes blemishes in the skin. There are various types of acne with different causes and treatments. There are three main categories that describe most types of acne:
- Comedonal acne. This condition is characterized by outbreaks of blackheads and whiteheads. It develops due to the accumulation of sebum, an oily secretion produced by the skin itself. Accumulated sebum, along with old skin cells, clog the pores of the skin. Comedonal acne is most often seen on the forehead, nose, and chin.
- Inflammatory acne. This form of acne refers to a condition in which blackheads and whiteheads become reddened and inflamed.
- Cystic acne. This is the most serious form of acne, and there is a strong indication that it may be hereditary. Cystic acne occurs when the skin in the area of the outbreak develops larger or deeper nodules. Cystic acne may be very painful and can result in permanent scarring.
Do only teenagers get Acne?
Although acne is most common in teenagers, the condition often occurs in adults.
What types of options are available to treat Acne?
We will personalize your acne treatment for your specific skin needs.
- Topical retinoid (vitamin A) creams include over the counter adapalene gel or prescription tretinoin gel.
- Visit our For Your Best Self-online store for Clenziderm MD, one of our favorite acne topical treatment systems.
In office Treatments
- Celluma LED blue light therapy helps treat acne. We also dispense Celluma FACE device for your home use.
- Hydrafacials exfoliate, extract, infuse, and rehydrate acne prone skin. They are our #1 medical grade facial for acne.
- Customized chemical peels such as our Vi Peel Purify provide a targeted solution by clearing out dead cells to open pores, destroying acne causing bacteria, and soothing inflammation.
How much do Acne Treatments cost in Central Florida?
Treatment for acne and the fees vary widely, depending on the type and extent of the condition being treated. Acne treatments may in some cases be covered in part by health insurance carriers. We also encourage the use of health savings accounts or flexible savings accounts.
Contact our office to learn more about the various treatments we offer.