Dysport® in Melbourne, FL
Dysport® is neurotoxin injection treatment similar to Botox® that diminishes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines in the facial area to rejuvenate the facial appearance. Residents of Melbourne, Indialantic, Viera, Brevard County, the beaches, and surrounding areas in Central Florida may learn more about the benefits of Dysport® treatments at Dermatology + Plastic Surgery, led by board-certified dermatologist Anita Saluja, MD and double board-certified plastic surgeon Rebecca Novo, MD.
Our injections are skillful, artful, and thoughtful. The goal is for you to look like you were born lucky, rather than look frozen, spocked, or unnatural. Touch ups may be needed, and a long-term injector-physician relationship is best. Please communicate with us for an optimal outcome.
What is Dysport® used for?
Dysport® is a neurotoxin similar to Botox® that is used to smooth out wrinkles, lines, and creases, especially furrows and wrinkles around the forehead and brow area, and lines around the mouth and jaw area. Sometimes, the neck is also treated. Dysport® can also be used to treat Masseter Muscle Hypertrophy (MMH), a condition that produces an excessively protruding square, angular jawline. TMJ (temperomandibular joint) pain is also relieved with masseter muscle Dysport® injections.
What can Dysport® do for my appearance?
Dysport® effectively diminishes the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles, producing results that are immediately noticeable as well as long-lasting. Dysport® imparts the following improvements to the facial appearance:
- Smoother, softer skin free of lines and wrinkles
- Reduction of furrows and creases around the brow
- Reduction of vertical lines around the mouth, reduction of drooping corners of mouth, chin dimpling, and jowls.
- Reduction of necklines and bands, even cleavage wrinkles
- Reduction of Masseter Muscle Hypertrophy (MMH) and TMJ pain
Who can get the most benefit from Dysport®?
For adults who want to correct the stressed, angry, or exhausted expression caused by furrows and creases around the brow, or to eliminate vertical lines around the mouth and jaw, Dysport® may be the ideal treatment. Dysport® is a safe and effective treatment that is non-surgical, minimally invasive, and produces a natural-looking outcome.
Younger adults will also benefit from being proactive in wrinkle and furrow prevention.
How does Dysport® work and how is Dysport® administered?
Dysport® temporarily blocks nerve receptors on your muscle, which softens the look of lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive movements. Dysport® can also be used preventatively. It is injected directly into the face by way of an ultra-fine needle, the procedure takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. Full results may take up to 7 days. At this time, touch up treatments may be performed. We want to personally hear what you think about your treatment so please communicate. A touch-up treatment may optimize your outcome. Dysport® treatment results may last for 3 to 4 months.
What is the cost of Dysport® treatment in Melbourne, Florida?
Dysport® costs will vary depending on how much product and number of injections each patient requires. Estimates range from $200 to $800. Since health insurance providers do not cover this treatment, our office accepts various forms of payment to provide maximum flexibility for our patients. We also participate in Aspire Rewards and encourage you to sign up prior to your appointment.
Dysport® is a minimally invasive treatment that helps you look your best. If you are a resident of Melbourne, Indialantic, Viera, Brevard County, the beaches, or nearby communities in Central Florida, contact Dermatology + Plastic Surgery, led by board-certified dermatologist Anita Saluja, MD and double board-certified plastic surgeon Rebecca Novo, MD. Dysport® and other treatments are skillfully, artfully, and thoughtfully injected for your best self.
- Dysport for crow’s feet – Dysport and other neuromodulators are excellent at dispelling the appearance of crow’s feet, or wrinkles at the corners of the eyes.
- Dysport for migraines – In some cases, chronic migraines might be stabilized by injections of Dysport to dampen the effects of tense muscles.
- Dysport for lip lines – Lip lines around the mouth might be caused by excessive puckering over time. Relaxing these muscles with Dysport might be able to help.
- Dysport for smile lines – Lines that form around the mouth where skin creases during a smile can be prevented with regular Dysport injections in the area.
- Dysport for forehead wrinkles – Forehead wrinkles are a great treatment area for Dysport, which spreads naturally throughout the area to ensure full coverage of a large portion of the upper face.
- Dysport injections for sweating – Dysport and other botulinum toxin products can be used to stop excess sweating in various areas of the body.
- Dysport for under eyes – Although considered an off-label use, Dysport might help with conditions that affect the under-eye area.
- Dysport for hyperhidrosis – Hyperhidrosis affects many people but Dysport can inactivate the sweat glands that lead to embarrassing amounts of sweat in the underarms, palms, feet, or throughout the body.
- Dysport for TMJ – Temporomandibular joint disorder has one treatment option with Dysport, in which this muscle dampening formula prevents the affected jaw muscles from clenching too hard.
- Dysport for smoker’s lines – Smoker’s lines, otherwise known as pucker wrinkles, form when the muscles under the surface of the lips flex frequently over the course of years.
- Dysport for upper lip – In some cases, Dysport might be indicated for people who have overly gummy smiles by relaxing the muscles that pull the upper lip up too much when smiling.
- Dysport for nasolabial folds – Regular early injections of neuromodulators like Dysport can help prevent the early appearance of nasolabial folds from the nose to the mouth.
- Dysport for drooping jowls – Some patients can benefit from Dysport injections in the muscles that cause drooping around the jawline, causing jowls.
- Dysport for tired eyes – Depending on what exactly makes your eyes appear “tired” even when you’re alert, Dysport might be able to help relax heavy muscles that pull your brow down.
- Dysport for frown lines – One of the main treatment options for Dysport is between the brows to prevent your eyebrows from furrowing even when you’re not making any other expression.
- Dysport for jawline – Jawline contouring with neuromodulating formulas like Dysport can help shape your jawline for a more youthful look.
- Dysport for cheeks – Dysport is not a cheek filler but it may have some benefits toward cheek contouring in some individuals.
- Dysport for masseter muscle – The masseter muscle is the largest and most important muscle in your jaw. When it’s overly active or clenching, it can cause jaw pain and headaches, which is why inhibiting its activity is important for some Dysport users.
- Dysport for non-surgical jaw reduction – Subtle improvements in a square-looking jaw can be had with specific Dysport injections along muscle lines.
- Dysport for neck bands – Some muscles in the neck become overly active or increasingly visible with age. Dysport can reduce their appearance by relaxing the muscle strands in the neck.
- Dysport for brow lift – Dysport can have the effect of a brow lift by lowering the interior of the brows, therefore making the outer brows look lifted without the expense of threads.
- Dysport for laugh lines – Smile and laugh lines around the mouth can benefit from Dysport injections early on in life, helping reduce the amount of skin creasing while preserving the natural look of your smile.
- Dysport for glabellar lines – Glabellar or 11 lines appear between the brows when making certain expressions, making them a great treatment option for Dysport for a smoother, younger complexion.
- Dysport for eye wrinkles – Dysport may or may not be a good choice for specific people when it comes to eye wrinkles, but can be used to treat crow’s feet and other wrinkles around the eyes.
- Dysport for 11 lines – The “11” lines are the ones that form between the eyebrows when frowning, which can become etched in skin if not treated with a neuromodulator like Dysport preventatively.
- Dysport for over age 65 – Just because you’re over 65 doesn’t mean you can’t have Dysport injections. Your doctor will let you know if you might be better off with a more advanced procedure or if it’s not right for you.
- Dysport for eyebrow lift – Creating the appearance of an eyebrow lift requires injecting Dysport into the interior of the brow line, slightly dropping its height to make the outer edges appear lifted.
- Dysport for chin dimpling – If your chin looks dimpled all the time, it could be to involuntary muscle contractions that Dysport can relax for a smoother appearance.
- Dysport for vertical lip lines – Preventing lip lines on and around the lips can often mean starting botulinum toxin injections with Dysport early, before they appear.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can dysport be used for crows feet?
Can dysport be used on forehead?
Can dysport be used under eyes?
Can dysport lift your eyebrows?
Can I exercise before Dysport?
Can I get a facial after Dysport?
Can I shower after Dysport?
Can you use Dysport for laugh lines?