Brazilian Butt Lift in Melbourne, FL
Many of us desire a more firm, full, round derriere while feeling stuck with a decidedly flat, square, or saggy bottom. To achieve rejuvenation in the buttocks, the Brazilian butt lift has become increasingly popular and today is one of the most widely performed cosmetic procedures in the United States. Dermatology + Plastic Surgery, led by double board-certified plastic surgeon Rebecca Novo, MD, and board-certified dermatologist Anita Saluja, MD, provides rejuvenating procedures such as the Brazilian butt lift for residents of Melbourne, Viera, Brevard County, and the surrounding communities of Central Florida.
What is the Brazilian Butt Lift?
The Brazilian butt lift (BBL) is a revolutionary procedure medically referred to as a gluteal lift/augmentation. This procedure enhances the shape, size, volume, and contour of the buttocks, rejuvenating the whole body as a result. The BBL combines liposuction with fat transfer, producing full, firm, round buttocks by transferring the patient’s own body fat, producing a natural look and feel.
Why is the Brazilian Butt Lift so popular?
Prior to the development of the Brazilian butt lift, buttock enhancements were performed using silicone implants to increase fullness and volume in the derriere. These implants produced results that did not always look or feel totally natural, while also risking occasional allergic reactions and complications. The Brazilian butt lift procedure has now become the industry standard for achieving enhanced contour in the gluteal region. The Brazilian butt lift has several advantages over silicone implants, including:
- Reduced risk of rejection – Gluteal silicone implants pose a slight risk of infection. They may shift from their original position, or they may present other complications such as leakage, ruptures, and hardening of scar tissue at the implant site. The Brazilian butt lift minimizes risks and complications by using the patient’s own body tissue.
- Looks and feels natural – This is to be expected because the Brazilian butt lift enhances the buttocks using fat from the patient’s own body. Hence the results produce a more natural look and feel.
- Minimally invasive – The Brazilian butt lift is less invasive than implant surgery and is now considered the safer and standard option thanks to its reduced recovery period.
- Minimal scarring – The Brazilian butt lift requires only minuscule incisions that leave minimally visible scars.
- Customized contouring – The Brazilian butt lift fat transfer procedure means that the surgeon has more control when contouring the buttocks than was possible with silicone implants, producing optimal, customized results.
- Additionally, contours harvest area – The Brazilian butt lift offers the additional advantage of improving the appearance of the harvest sites from which the fat transfer is extracted, creating a smoother and more streamlined contour in those areas.
Who can benefit from a Brazilian Butt Lift?
The Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that can be performed on healthy adults over the age of 18 who maintain a stable weight. This procedure is most suitable for people who have experienced loss of volume, fullness or sagging in the derriere due to weight loss, pregnancy, or the aging process, or those who were born with a flat derriere due to genetic factors and desire a change in contour.
What can I expect from a Brazilian Butt Lift?
The Brazilian butt lift is actually a combination of two procedures. The first procedure uses liposuction to extract excess unwanted fat from targeted harvest areas. This fat is then prepared and injected directly into the gluteal region. Tiny incisions are used to deliver the fatty tissue into the buttocks, just above the gluteal muscle. This process grants the surgeon the precision to contour a smooth derriere, increasing fullness and volume. The procedure is completed in approximately two hours.
Immediately following the procedure, patients are instructed to wear a compression garment that reduces swelling and promotes healing. You will be advised to avoid sitting for prolonged periods of time for a period of two weeks, so plan to take time off from work if your job requires long hours of sitting. Most patients are comfortable enough to return to work and light activity after two weeks, although we recommend that you continue wearing the compression garment for six weeks and gradually resume strenuous physical activity after that point.
How Much Does A Brazilian Butt Lift Cost in Melbourne, FL?
Health insurance providers do not normally cover the Brazilian butt lift, so to help our patients manage costs, our office offers financing and flexible payment options.
Residents of Melbourne, Viera, Brevard County, and neighboring communities in the Central Florida region can now rejuvenate their appearance with a Brazilian butt lift performed at Dermatology + Plastic Surgery, led by double board-certified plastic surgeon Rebecca Novo, MD, and board-certified dermatologist Anita Saluja, MD. Contact our office to learn more about the Brazilian butt lift, as well as an array of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures that we provide.